COMPARE BEFORE YOU VOTE
- The Challenger
- Has released clear, coherent mayoral plan, including budgeting initiatives.
- Major concern: poverty.
- Believes in incentivizing wage growth through credits and grants, to support small business and employess alike.
- For diversifying the police department and adding proper number of police officers.
- Committed to freeze the property tax, to halt rising unaffordability.
- The Sitting Mayor
- Has no mention of any plans for city on campaign website. (betsyhodges.org)
- Major concern: equity.
- Against minimum wage increase in 2016. Extremely for it in 2017 (election year).
- Disastrous relationship with police department (see: Delmonico appointment)
- Not willing to commit to property tax stablity.
- A Councilmember
- Vague “vision” consisting of principles, no mention of funding. (jacobfrey.org)
- Major concern: housing.
- Against minimum wage referendum in 2016. Extremely for it in 2017 (election year).
- Wants to reduce officer beats, but no details on how.
- Not willing to commit to property tax stability.
"I, Aswar Rahman,
American, immigrant, food-stamp-fed,
vow to direct four years of unrestrained energy and
every resource of the Office of Mayor
to fight poverty in Minneapolis,
in all its forms.
This is big, I know.
Let me at it."